Family Support Center
We support families and children of all abilities and understand that life can change in an instant. Whether a child is born with a disability or acquires one, we recognize that no one is immune to disability. Above all, we believe families have the lead role in determining what type of supports they need.
The Family Support Center Provides:
- Home visits and consultations
- Transportation to off-Island medical appointments
- Information and referrals to community, local, regional and state-wide resources
- Assistance when applying for entitlements:
- Seminars, training and workshops
- Sensory Lending Library
- Sensory friendly films
- Tools and resources for families
Who is eligible to receive Family Support Services?
Families who have a family member with a developmental disability living at home and who are determined to be eligible for supports provided through the Department of Developmental Services program may receive services through the Family Support Program.
Contact: Angela Knapp, Family Support Center
Phone: 508-693-7900 x249