There’s no place quite like Chicken Alley Thrift Shop.
The Chicken Alley Thrift Shop is one of the largest streams of ongoing financial support for our organization; it is a beloved hidden gem amongst Islanders and visitors alike.
Many residents consider the Thrift Shop to be a social hotspot and year-round community hub. Throughout the year, several customers visit the Shop on a daily basis and some even make multiple trips on the same day. Our Island neighbors and visitors may come in hunting for a bargain and instead discover a treasure, often finding something they didn’t know they needed or wanted! Whatever brings folks into the store; within our four walls, people find company, networking and camaraderie.
The Thrift Shop is successful because of the contributions of many. Staffed in part by an ‘army’ of volunteers, we are always looking for recruits.
38 Lagoon Pond Road
Vineyard Haven, MA 02568
We have changed our donation process to be more accommodating to our donors. You can now bring 1-4 averaged sized boxes, bags, or the equivalent 9-5, Monday through Saturday WITHOUT an appointment. We do ask that donors with larger loads schedule an appointment HERE, because sometimes their generosity overwhelms us! Appointments are still booked through our website. And as always, potential furniture donors should contact us by email at email@example.com
When donating, please try to be as safe as possible. We need our donors to park safely off the road, it’s very important that we be good neighbors on our road and in the Community. When our visitors park on other business’s property or blocking traffic it creates an unfortunate situation. We know parking is an issue for us, and are doing our best to find a solution. Also, whenever possible, please try to avoid donating in inclement weather, stay dry!
- Absolutely! We rely on our volunteers to keep the business up and running. Complete THIS form to get started.
- Donations from the community provide the inventory for the Thrift Shop (all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law).
- Customers buy items they can’t live without at discounted prices.
- All proceeds from the Thrift Shop are used to support programs of MV Community Services. These programs and services support the wellness of our community.
- Families and individuals in great need are also able, through programs of MVCS, to shop for free.
Chicken Alley Thrift Shop has nearly everything you need from A to Z under one roof, including:
- Artwork, Antiques and Accordions
- Books, Baskets and Bruce
- Clothing, Chairs and CDs
- Dining Room Tables, Dictionaries and DVDs
- Egg Cups and (small) Electronics
- Furniture, Frames and Fondue Pots
- Glassware, Gravy Boats and Games
- Hardware, Housewares and Holiday Items
- Irons and Ice Buckets
- Jewelry and Jigsaw Puzzles
- Kitchenwares and Knickknacks
- Linens, Lamps and Lazy Susans
- Mirrors and Martini Glasses
- Nightstands and Neckties
- Office Supplies and Ottomans
- Picnic Baskets, Posters, Platters and Pyrex
- Quilts and Quivers
- Record Albums, CDs and DVDs
- Shoes, Suitcases and Shuttlecocks
- Toys, T-Shirts and Telescopes
- Umbrellas and Utensils
- Vases and Vacuum Cleaners
- Xylophones and Xylographs
- Yarn and Yoga Mats
- Watches and Wine Racks
- Zebra Paintings and Zippers
Art + Collectibles Sale
Our annual Art and Collectibles Sale, founded by volunteer and patron Olga Hirschhorn in 2002, has since become one of the most anticipated summer events amongst Islanders and visiting collectors. Shop art, photography, vineyard art, prints, posters, jewelry and more!
” I think the art show really reflects the prominence of the Martha’s Vineyard art scene while bringing in a large range of people.”
– Thrift Shop Volunteer
Stay tuned for news about the 2021 Art and Collectible Sale!