There’s no place quite like Chicken Alley Thrift Shop.
The Chicken Alley Thrift Shop is one of the largest streams of ongoing financial support for our organization; it is a beloved hidden gem amongst Islanders and visitors alike.
Many residents consider Chicken Alley to be a social hotspot and year-round community hub. Throughout the year, several customers visit the Shop on a daily basis and some even make multiple trips on the same day. Our Island neighbors and visitors may come in hunting for a bargain and instead discover a treasure, oftentimes finding something they didn’t know they needed or wanted! Whatever brings folks into the store; within our four walls, people find company, networking and camaraderie.
Where do we get our inventory?
Members of our community have generously donated every item that comes through our doors. Thanks to the constant stream of saleable clothing, furniture, kitchenware (and just about anything else) we are able to offer a vast variety of ever-changing goods at unbeatable prices. Families and individuals in great need are also able, through programs of MVCS, to shop for free.
How does it work?
- Donations from the community provide the inventory for the Thrift Shop (all donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law).
- Customers buy items they can’t live without at discounted prices.
- All proceeds from the Thrift Shop are used to support programs of MVCS.
- MVCS programs and services support the wellness of our community.
All Donations to the Thrift Shop are tax deductible.
What can you find at Chicken Alley? Everything!
Chicken Alley Thrift Shop has nearly everything you need from A to Z under one roof, including:
- Artwork, Antiques and Accordions
- Books, Baskets and Bruce
- Clothing, Chairs and CDs
- Dining Room Tables, Dictionaries and DVDs
- Egg Cups and Electronics (small ones…)
- Furniture, Frames and Fondue Pots
- Glassware, Gravy Boats and Games
- Hardware, Housewares and Holiday Items
- Irons and Ice Buckets • Jewelry and Jigsaw Puzzles
- Kitchenwares and Knickknacks
- Linens, Lamps and Lazy Susans
- Mirrors and Martini Glasses
- Night-tables and Neckties
- Office Supplies and Ottomans
- Picnic Baskets, Posters, Platters and Pyrex
- Quilts and Quivers
- Record Albums, CDs and DVDs
- Shoes, Suitcases and Shuttlecocks
- Toys, T-Shirts and Telescopes
- Umbrellas and Utensils
- Vases and Vacuum Cleaners
- Xylophones and Xylographs
- Yarn and Yoga Mats
- Watches and Wine Racks
- Zebra Paintings and Zippers
- ..and so much more!
Chicken Alley Signature Event:
Art + Collectables Sale
Our annual Art and Collectibles Sale, founded by volunteer and patron Olga Hirschhorn in 2002, has since become one of the most anticipated summer events amongst Islanders and visiting collectors.
On the second Sunday of August, we feature this curated collection of original paintings, antiques, vintage items, sculptures, ephemera and more, which are selected from the thousands of generous donations we receive throughout the year and are sold at amazingly affordable prices.
Save the Date:
Sunday, August 11, 2019
” I think the art show really reflects the prominence of the Martha’s Vineyard art scene while bringing in a large range of people.”
– Thrift Shop Volunteer
38 Lagoon Pond Rd. Vineyard Haven, MA
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
The Thrift Shop is successful because of the contributions of many. Staffed in part by an ‘army’ of volunteers, we are always looking for recruits. Learn more about volunteering at Chicken Alley here.