We help Island families and adolescents navigate life’s challenges.
The Island Wide Youth Collaborative (IWYC), a Massachusetts Family Resource Center, provides services for at-risk families, young people and community members. The goal of a Family Resource Center is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others and engage in their community.
People come to the IWYC for a variety of reasons. We help connect those seeking help to resources available to them, both on and off-Island. While every situation is different, our staff uses community resources and on-Island treatment options to create a web of support tailored to each scenario. All services are free and confidential.
Island Wide Youth Collaborative is encouraging families to stay strong, and stay positive. What makes our island community unique is our ability to support each other during uncertainty and all parents have this ability.
Click here to learn about our current support groups.
Including: The Parent Café and Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
How we can help:
- Do you need information on after-school programs?
- Do you need help getting your child to attend school on a regular basis?
- Are you concerned that your child may be using drugs or alcohol?
- Do you have a child or family member struggling with a specific issue?
- Do you need help accessing funding for childcare or after school programming?
- Do you need fuel assistance?
- Do you need nutrition assistance (SNAP, HIP, etc.)?
Our Family Support Worker and Case Manager are knowledgeable on resources within our community, and connect adolescents and families to opportunities available to them.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Fill out a referral form for you or a loved one
- An initial intake appointment will be set up with our Family Support Worker
- After your initial appointment, our team will develop a plan to help navigate whatever goals you are trying to reach, or problems you are trying to solve.
Our school liaisons meet twice a month with guidance and school staff to problem-solve and provide wrap around services for all students on Island.
Check out the interview below:
Jump to 19:30 to hear Susan Mercier discuss how the IWYC helps Island families.
Meet the Team:
Phone: 508-693-7900 x403