We help Island families and adolescents navigate life’s challenges.
The Island Wide Youth Collaborative (IWYC), a Massachusetts Family Resource Center, provides services for at-risk families, young people and community members. The goal of a Family Resource Center is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others and engage in their community.
People come to the IWYC for a variety of reasons. We help connect those seeking help to resources available to them, both on and off-Island. While every situation is different, our staff uses community resources and on-Island treatment options to create a web of support tailored to each scenario. All services are free and confidential.
How we can help:
- Do you need information on after-school programs?
- Do you need help getting your child to attend school on a regular basis?
- Are you concerned that your child may be using drugs or alcohol?
- Do you have a child or family member struggling with a specific issue?
- Do you need help accessing funding for childcare or after school programming?
- Do you need fuel assistance?
- Do you need nutrition assistance (SNAP, HIP, etc.)?
One on One Case Management
Our Family Support Worker and Case Manager are knowledgeable on resources within our community, and connect adolescents and families to opportunities available to them.
How does it work?
- Fill out a referral form for you or a loved one
- An initial intake appointment will be set up with our Family Support Worker
- After your initial appointment, our team will develop a plan to help navigate whatever goals you are trying to reach, or problems you are trying to solve.
Professional Development for Clinicians
The IWYC supports professional development for clinicians in our community. Check the calendar for upcoming professional development opportunities.
Past workshops include:
- Addressing relational trauma
- Addiction 101
- Exploring insomnia
These workshops give clinicians, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and other human resource providers the ability to acquire ongoing Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to stay current and certified in their respective fields.
Parent Education Programs
The IWYC provides various parent-education programs throughout the year.
Current programming includes:
- Guiding Good Choices: A program implemented for parents of elementary aged children designed to decrease a child’s likelihood of using drugs and alcohol.
Our school liaisons meet twice a month with guidance and school staff to problem-solve and provide wrap around services for all students on Island.
Check out the interview below:
Jump to 19:30 to hear Susan Mercier discuss how the IWYC helps Island families.
Subject to change:
Mon: 8:30 – 4:30
Tues: 8:30 – 7
Wed: 8:30 – 7*
Thurs: 8:30 – 7
Friday: 8:30 – 4:30
Saturday: please check agency calendar for programming
*please check agency calendar for programming (provided by family center)
Meet the Team:
Phone: 508-693-7900 x401
Phone: 508-693-7900 x402
Taina Paizante Chaves
Phone: 508-693-7900 x400
Phone: 508-693-7900 x410