Opportunities that have a positive impact on our Island community.
We are clinicians and social workers, psychiatrists, counselors, case workers, teachers, and volunteers.
We embrace community in collaboration with police and primary care physicians, clergy, the hospital and the schools. People who share our belief in the worth and dignity of all.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. By joining our team, you will strengthen our mission of helping our entire community be as vibrant, strong and healthy as it can be.
We’re hiring! Learn more about the rewarding job opportunities at MV Community Services:
Human Resources Manager
MV Community Services is seeking an experienced Human Resource Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing workforce strategies to recruit and develop qualified candidates. Primary duties will include: payroll processing, new employee on-boarding and orientation; employee training, benefit renewals, and maintenance of employee records.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in Human Resources is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment laws
- Ability to build a rapport with all employees
- Strong leadership qualities
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services is seeking a full-time Major Gifts/Capital Campaign Officer. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Major Gifts/Capital Campaign officer is responsible for the overall management of the major gifts program at Martha’s Vineyard Community Services (MVCS), which is charged with managing relationships and securing support from donors who are capable of making gifts of $2,500 and above, either to the general fund or to the capital campaign.
Domestic & Sexual Violence Services
CONNECT to End Violence, a program of Martha’s Vineyard Community Services, is seeking an Adult/Child Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Clinician. This is a full-time 40-hour position and is responsible for developing and providing child witness to violence services in addition to direct service work.
- Providing direct counseling, clinical services, and advocative services to victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence
- Providing crisis hotline coverage
- Providing child witness to violence services
- Facilitating support groups for parents and children
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, integrity, a strong understanding of and practice of confidentiality, and work well independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate must have experience working with individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence and experience working with children and adults who have experienced trauma. Master’s Degree required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. Bilingual (English/Portuguese) preferred.
CONNECT to End Violence, a program of Martha’s Vineyard Community Services, is seeking a Bilingual Lead Court Advocate/Police Liaison Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis Counselor. This is a full-time 40-hour position and is responsible for providing court advocacy and acting as lead liaison to court and law enforcement personnel as well as direct service work.
- Providing court advocacy at Edgartown District Court for survivors/victims of domestic and sexual violence
- Acting as liaison for law enforcement and tracking high risk cases
- Providing direct counseling, and advocative services to victims/survivors of domestic and sexual violence
- Providing crisis hotline coverage
- Assessing program needs with collaborative community partners
- Providing and facilitating outreach and awareness efforts
- Providing culturally responsive crisis intervention/support services in court, over the telephone, and in-person
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, integrity, a strong understanding of and practice of confidentiality, and work well independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate must have experience working with individuals impacted by domestic and sexual violence and experience working with collaborative service providers. Bachelor’s Degree required. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. Bilingual (English/Portuguese) preferred.
Mental Health Services
The Island Counseling Center is seeking a Flexible Support Clinician to provide home and community based clinical interventions that support the Youth and family in achieving specific treatment goals that lead to improved functioning in identified area(s) of life. Strengthen the well-being of youth and their families; build family cohesion; and prevent the need for more intensive services for youth enrolled with the Department of Mental Health (DMH) Flexible Support Services (FSS), and the Department of Children and Families (DCF). Ensure services provided to each youth in cohort are integrated and coordinated across Team members.
Licensed Mental Health Clinician (LMHC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Masters in Counseling or related field with at least 1 year of experience working directly with Family/Youth who have experienced serious emotional disturbance or other mental and emotional challenges to well-being.
MV Community Services Island Counseling Center is seeking Massachusetts mental health clinicians for our outpatient clinic. As part of a therapeutic team, clinicians will have an opportunity to provide individual and group therapy, home-based individual, and family and group therapeutic services to a diverse caseload of all ages. All clinicians have an opportunity to participate in peer support, and may with proper credentials, provide supervision for other staff on track to licensure. Bilingual (English/Portuguese) a plus.
Youth & Family Services
Early Education and Care Center opportunities:
MV Community Services Early Education and Care Center is seeking substitute teachers to work in our NAEYC accredited childcare program. Flexible hours, summer or year-round, in a fun and supportive work environment.
MV Community Services Early Education and Care Center is seeking full-time preschool teachers to join our team of dedicated early childhood professionals in our NAEYC accredited childcare program. Successful candidates are energetic, compassionate and eager to learn alongside children, colleagues and parents. EEC Teacher or Lead Teacher Certification preferred.
Island Wide Youth Collaborative opportunities:
This role is responsible for serving as a resource to families, schools and the community. Works closely with the school districts to identify individuals and families in need of support services.
Learn about our new Pathway Program for early educators:
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance and retirement programs.
MV Community Services offers all employees who work 30+ hours a variety of benefits.
- Two plans are offered through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of
Massachusetts: a traditional HMO plan or a high deductible PPO plan.
- MV Community Services pays 67% of the premium for all employees.
- With our PPO plan, employees have a Health Savings Account in which MVCS pays half of the deductible prorated by pay periods.
- For the HMO plan, we offer a flexible spending account in which employees may contribute pre-tax dollars to an account to pay for qualified medical expenses and daycare expenses.
- MV Community offers Blue Cross and Blue Shield Dental Blue Program 2.
- VSP insurance covers some eye care services, glasses and contact lenses.
- MV Community provides group life insurance coverage that provides 1.5 times salary if death occurs while employed. This is provided at no cost to employees.
- MV Community offers employees an opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) plan with Vanguard.
Online Employment Application
Please note, you will be required to attach your resume and cover letter to the online application.
To apply for an employment opportunity, please fill out our online Employment Application. Please note, you will be required to attach your resume and cover letter in the online application.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Amy Houghton, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-693-7900 x260.