Our Early Education and Care Center believes that children learn through play and active engagement with the world around them. Our teachers have a strong foundation in child development and recognize the value of predictability and consistency. They are careful observers, listeners, program planners and guides.
Education and Care Center Curriculum:
Our classroom curriculum evolves from the teacher’s observations and documentation of the children’s development, interests, ideas and questions. Experiences are then offered that will engage the children and encourage growth in all developmental areas, including:
- Social skills
- Social Studies
- Arts & Technology
What sets us apart?
- We are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- High teacher to student ratio
- Open 52 weeks a year / 10 hours a day
- Early drop off (7:30am-8:00am) and late pick up (5:00pm-5:30pm) options to support working parents
- Portuguese translation support
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack served
- Within three months of entering the program, children receive a developmental screening to help identify barriers to development and learning so that we can provide additional supports.
- Pre-school garden and partnership with Island Grown Schools
- Close proximity to the YMCA and MV Ice Arena, giving kids the opportunities to swim and ice skate during their day
- Collaborate with Early Intervention and the Martha’s Vineyard public school to support children with special needs
Monday – Friday (excluding legal holidays and approved closures)
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Early drop-off (7:30 – 8:00 am) and late pick-up (5:00 – 5:30 pm) are available by prior written contractual arrangement with the Program Coordinator