We believe that children learn through play and active engagement with the world around them. Our teachers use their knowledge of child development to create enriching, nurturing, consistent and predictable learning environments. The classroom curriculum evolves from the teachers’ observations and documentation of the children’s development, interests, ideas and questions. Experiences are offered to engage the children and encourage growth in all developmental areas.
Education and Care Center Curriculum:
Children are viewed as competent, curious and resourceful. The curriculum is driven by their eagerness to explore and investigate their environment. Our days are structured so that children are provided with the opportunity to engage in open-ended play both indoors and out. Their natural sense of curiosity inspires them to make new discoveries and construct their own knowledge.
Teachers become aware of children’s individual interests and strengths and find ways to engage and expand upon them. They do so by arranging for a rich variety of learning experiences that appeal to all the senses – visual, auditory, and physical – and by alternating individual, partnered, small and large group activities so that children can experience various kinds of social interaction.
We celebrate differences among children and families, respect the child and family’s culture and language, and are responsive to the inclusion of a variety of learning styles. When teachers are developing their curriculum plans, they consider the values, beliefs and experiences of all families in our program.
What sets us apart?
- Accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- High teacher to student ratio
- Open 52 weeks a year / 9 hours a day
- Portuguese translation available
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack served
- All children receive a developmental screening to help parents celebrate their child’s milestones and know what to look for next, and determine whether follow-up steps are needed.
- Partner with Island Grown Schools to provide garden-based learning and healthy, locally grown food.
Monday – Friday (excluding legal holidays and approved closures):
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Late pick-up (4:30 – 5:00) is available by prior written contractual arrangement
15 months – 2 years
3 – 5 years
3- 5 years