MVCS is here for you for life.
The mission of Martha’s Vineyard Community Services (MVCS) is to enhance the lives of those it serves by meeting the comprehensive needs of individuals, families and the community through a partnership of programs that provides accessible education and health and human services of the highest quality.
We open our doors to all who call the Island home, regardless of financial, cultural or physical barriers. With over 100 volunteers, a staff of 110, and various community partnerships, MVCS acts as a safety net for our community.
- We believe the dignity, health, safety and well-being of individuals and families we serve are rights, not privileges.
- We empower individuals to make informed choices.
- We are committed to excellence, professionalism and accountability.
- We foster partnerships that improve the quality of life in our community.
- We embrace cultural competency, equal access and non-discriminatory practices in service delivery.
- We respect the privacy, confidentiality and diversity of our employees and those we serve.
- We value our employees by creating a positive work environment.
- We support the governance of our agency through the oversight and policies of our Board and through the responsibility and authority of management.
- We are committed to integrity, accountability and transparency in our use of money and other resources.
- We value the generosity of our donors, funders and volunteers who help provide our resources.