Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Island Intervention Center provides outreach and urgent care services, brief interventions, assessments and immediate access to services for both mental health and substance use disorders.
Our Emergency Services team is made up of caring trained professionals whom provide comprehensive and organized treatment of emergency care in times of psychiatric crisis.
In case of a mental health emergency, our Emergency Services team can be accessed 24 hours a day at 508-693-0032.
After receiving a call, our clinicians will determine the most appropriate location for services to take place. Historically services have been rendered at the Martha’s Vineyard Hospital, Community Corrections, Dukes County House of Corrections, the Martha’s Vineyard Public Schools, or the Island Counseling Center.
Utilizing Emergency Services has been a highly used resource in the community. Our affiliates and consumers deserve the security of knowing that mental health help is always available.
Crises range from moderate to severe and all deserve the same attention and sensitive approach. Most mental health crises should not be handled without a trained professional. Agencies, businesses, community members and other non-profit organizations can use Emergency Services free of charge.
Enhanced Urgent Care
Immediate community-based enhanced urgent care for mental health and substance use disorders including:
- Short-term observation of individuals in need of Emergency Services Programs.
- Assessment of critical needs in regard to mental health and substance use.
- Brief intervention including short-term team counseling, peer support, crisis planning and safety planning for those at risk of suicide.
- Referral, support and care coordination through care transitions.
- Safe transportation of individuals in need of Emergency Services program, inpatient services, or substance use disorder treatment.
Island Intervention Center Hours*
Monday through Friday
*In case of a mental health emergency our Emergency Services team can be accessed 24 hours a day through our answering service at 508-693-0032.
Funding for the Island Intervention Center is provided by Boston Medical Center, the Department of Mental Health, Martha’s Vineyard Community Services fundraising, Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.