Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Enhanced Urgent Care Program provides urgent mental health care services, brief interventions, assessments and swift access to services for both mental health and substance use disorders.
Urgent Behavioral Health Services
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, Martha’s Vineyard Hospital provides emergency menal health services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 508-693-0410. In most cases, your immediate or urgent situation can be successfully resolved with the services of MVCS Enhanced Urgent Care. Enhanced Urgent Care is open 8AM-8PM Monday-Friday and can be reached for same-day services at 508-693-7900, option 1.
Enhanced Urgent Care
Immediate community-based enhanced urgent care for mental health and substance use disorders including:
- Short-term observation of individuals in need of immediate or urgent mental health services.
- Assessment of critical needs in regard to mental health and substance use.
- Brief intervention including short-term team counseling, peer support, crisis planning and safety planning for those at risk of suicide.
- Referral, support and care coordination through care transitions.
- Safe portation of individuals in need of Emergency Services program, inpatient services, or substance use disorder treatment.
As a course of treatment, individuals and families (with or without insurance) are thoroughly assessed within fifteen minutes of check-in at MVCS Enhanced Urgent Care. Our clinical services are provided by a Master’s-level clinician or licensed mental health clinician
Clients struggling with mental health, substance use, dual diagnosis, suicidal thoughts and acute stressors can be referred for services or walk-in on an as needed basis. Individuals with significant harm or risk factors may be referred to the Emergency Room at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital for further assessment and care needs.
Funding for Enhanced Urgent Care is provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Mental Health.