Building for the Future
“We envision a unified community-based central campus that will support vital elements of a healthy community, enhance current programs, introduce news ones and enable us to face challenges head on today and tomorrow.”
– Julie Fay, Executive Director
Our goal is to…
- Create easier and more welcoming access for our clients, with space that can accommodate growth and new programs
- Protect our staff and clients, with security that meets the standards of the 21st century
- Encourage collaboration across programs and provide a gather space for community events and meetings
- Increase long term sustainability, enabling continued maintenance of our new campus and providing resources to support program growth as community needs arise and change
Today, our programs and buildings that house them have reached maximum capacity. Our ability to address the growing and changing needs of our community is limited by the size and condition of current campus.
We have been working with South Mountain Company on plans for the new campus. The campus will be designed and built for the 21st century regarding energy use, durability, comfort, health, safety, function and aesthetics. In all these aspects, it will far exceed conventional code-compliant buildings, but it will balance quality with cost-effectiveness.
“South Mountain will deliver a world class facility to MVCS that uses only 7 kWh per square foot per year, allowing the energy savings to fund services. Vineyard Power will develop a solar project, that includes parking lot canopies, and battery storage to generate clean, affordable energy and improve resiliency further supporting our island’s well-being in a way a that each group could not accomplish alone.”
– Richard Andre, Vineyard Power