“My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t come last.” – MVCS client
New Paths is an intensive substance use disorder group recovery program for adults who seek substance use support and who may also experience co-occurring mental health disorders. The program is modeled after the evidenced based Hazleton Matrix Model which includes education about addiction as a brain disease, along with skills to assist staying sober, in a supportive group atmosphere. New Paths begins with the philosophy that everyone can reach their recovery goals.
Education and Skills Development
New Paths focuses on education and skills development; including:
- Early recovery
- Relapse prevention
- Peer support
- Emotion regulation
- Stress management
- Daily structured groups
- Individual sessions (as needed)
- Family education (as needed)
- Psychiatric services (as needed)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Adults 18 years+ who need more treatment than a once a week individual session but who do not currently require detoxification or residential treatment. People who are willing to make a commitment to attend the program three to five times per week for a minimum of twelve sessions.
- New Paths begins with a comprehensive evaluation and orientation to determine whether the program is the appropriate treatment option.
- Once admitted, we recommend starting the program as soon as possible.
- New Paths groups are 90 minutes long and are focused on addiction and recovery skills development and education. We strongly encourage clients to attend more than the minimum of three days per week.
- A member will receive a certificate of completion once they have attended 12 sessions.
- Each member’s situation is reviewed with the New Paths team on a weekly basis.
To set up a comprehensive intake interview, please call:
To learn more about the program contact Janet or Kathy:
Janet Constantino, New Paths Program Director
Kathy Burnspower, Clinical Supervisor
We appreciate that entering New Paths can be a big decision for many people and we commit to setting up an appointment as soon as possible. Most health insurers cover treatment in the New Paths program. Financial assistance is also often available.
Current Group Schedule
The group is offered five times a week (schedule below). The group meets in the large tent on the MVCS campus (weather permitting) or in the Counseling Center’s conference room (Building C).
|Monday||6:00 pm – 7:30pm|
|Tuesday||6:00 pm – 7:30pm|
|Thursday||6:00 pm – 7:30pm|
|Friday||10:00 am– 11:30am|
Intake required. Please contact Brooke at 508-693-7900 x241.