Dedicated to creating a more inclusive Martha’s Vineyard.
Disability Services promotes community integration and independence of Island residents with disabilities. Everyone deserves the opportunity to live full, active and engaged lives regardless of physical or intellectual ability. We support the inclusion of individuals with intellectual, mental, physical or developmental disabilities within our community and throughout their lifetime.
We are here for families every step of the way.
- The Family Support Center helps families navigate disability, and helps families identify services and support available to them.
- For individuals living mental illness, the Daybreak Clubhouse gives people opportunities for employment, health and wellness, education and so much more.
- Island Employment Services offers adults with disabilities the opportunity to find and retain valuable employment.
- For students transitioning from high school to the community, our School to Employment Program is designed to help students transition.
“ The beauty of inclusion is that the entire community has much to gain from bridging gaps and bringing folks together. “
– Beth Wike, Disability Services Program Director