Miles with Meaning
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services (MVCS) is proud to be participating in the 2019 New Balance Falmouth Road Race as part of the Numbers for Nonprofits Program. Each August, the race draws more than 12,000 runners from around the world to run the iconic seven-mile course. As a participating charity, MVCS has a team of fifteen runners fundraising and creating awareness on behalf of MVCS.
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services connects our Island community to the support they need, when they need it. Our network of educational, social, mental health and wellness services nurture a strong, healthy lifestyle through every stage of life. All funds raised through the 2019 Falmouth Road Race charity team directly benefit the programs and services of MVCS.
The 2019 Falmouth Road Race will take place on Sunday, August 18, 2019.
All funds raised by the 2019 Falmouth Road Race Charity Team will benefit MVCS six core programs:
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Services
- Disability Services
- Youth and Family Services
- Mental Health Services
- Veterans Services
- The Thrift Shop
Interested in running for a cause?
Please fill out the online application at your convenience. Questions can be directed to email@example.comRunner Application
All team members will receive:
- Guaranteed entry
- Fundraising guidance
- A CrowdRise personal fundraising page
- An MVCS race tank
- Recognition for top fundraisers
$3,500 Premier Team Sponsor
As our team’s premier sponsor your organization will receive:
- Large, top logo placement on all MVCS Race Tanks
- Recognition as premier sponsor in all press
- Recognized on MVCS website
- Premier logo placement and recognition on each MVCS team member’s personal fundraising page
$1,000 Team Sponsor
As a team sponsor, your organization will receive:
- Organization Logo on all MVCS Race Tanks
- Recognition as a team sponsor in all press
- Recognized on MVCS website
- Logo placement and recognition on each MVCS team member’s personal fundraising page
Click here to view our 2019 team and read what motivates them to run on behalf of MVCS.
“This year my mom (Heather Quinn) became the Director of Early Childhood Programs at Martha’s Vineyard Community Services. Her work has opened my eyes to the real challenges people face every day in our community. I’m grateful for the opportunity to use my love of running to support MVCS’ programs.”
– Jack Lionette, 2018 Team Member
“I have been well aware of the many areas MVCS supports those around me in my 15 years on this rock of love. But in the past decade it has taken on far more of a personal meaning as several of my close friends and acquaintances have found careers there as Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Domestic Violence therapists and vocational liaisons. It’s a support those who support you environment! And now I’m here to support them.”
– Casey O’ Connor, 2018 Team Member