The Martha’s Vineyard Family Center is here for Island families.
The Family Center connects families with resources within our community and provides education and support to parents/caregivers of children ages 0-8, including the prenatal and pre-adoptive period. The Center is an Island hub where parents can get support in navigating the joys and challenges of parenthood. The MV Family Center is welcoming, accessible and respectful of all families who come through their doors.
- Parenting classes and discussion groups
- Family activities
- Referral to Early Education and Care Groups
- Consultation on parenting concerns and child development
- Family visits (home or elsewhere)
- Leadership opportunities for parents
- Transition supports
- Swap shop of equipment and clothing
- Assistance with meeting basic needs
- Referrals to other island resources
- Community collaboration and planning
Childcare or childcare reimbursement and transportation are provided for all activities upon request.
When compared to last year, the Martha’s Vineyard Family Center served…
More bilingual families (145%)