Small Plate. Big Impact. Drive with Island Pride.
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services sponsors a specialty license plate program through the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. Specialty plates support our programs and services, and also reach beyond MVCS to support other Island charities.
In keeping with our community-minded spirit, MVCS has committed to donating 20% of net proceeds to other Island non-profits that benefit youth and seniors through the Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Driving the Future Fund.
Is a Specialty Plate a Vanity Plate? No.
Specialty plates are a unique program run through the Registry of Motor Vehicles that allows nonprofits organizations the chance to raise money when drivers purchase their plate. Your purchase of an MV License Plate directly benefits MVCS and other Island charities.
How can you get a plate?
Martha’s Vineyard License Plates are available for purchase at all full service Massachusetts RMV locations and online. There are two options for ordering your plate:
- Order your Martha’s Vineyard specialty plate online through the MA RMV website. There are no shipping fees when ordering online.
- Visit any Massachusetts full service RMV
- Contact your car insurance provider and ask them to email or fax you a signed RMV-3 form for a plate swap.
- Bring the signed RMV-3 form to the participating MA RMV branch of your choice (participating branches listed below).
- As long as your registration is in good standing, leave with new MV plates in hand!
We’re almost at 3,000 plates on the road!
The initial registration fee for a Martha’s Vineyard license plate set by the state is $40, of which $12 goes to cover the state’s production cost of the plate and $28 returns to MVCS. Your $28 is a tax-deductible charitable donation. There is an additional one-time $20 swap fee charged by the state when applicants pick up their plate at their local RMV.
A renewal fee set by the State of Massachusetts will be due every two years. For future renewals, the entire $40 renewal fee is a tax-deductible donation that will generate funds to support the services of MVCS and other Vineyard non-profits that benefit youth and elders.Learn More