Our Veterans Outreach Program provides a network of resources for Island Veterans, service members and their families.
We strive to educate the community on needs of Veterans and their families and partner with other organizations so we can offer a broad range of services to enhance their physical, emotional and economic well-being.
Veterans Support Group
Readjustment Counseling for War Veterans: Island Counseling Center offers focused individual and group services to returning war veterans. A support group meets weekly to discuss the challenges of reintegrating after the war experience. Please contact Tom Bennett for more information and group times at 508-693-7900 ext. 216.
Veterans Services in Collaboration with the Community at Large:
- Membership on the ‘MV Veterans Transitional and Affordable Housing Committee’
- Membership on the ‘MV Veterans Advisory Committee’
- Weekly Food Distribution
- Bill Stafursky Annual Road Race in October
- Veterans Town Meetings in Collaboration with the VA
- Immunization Clinics for Veterans in Collaboration with the VA and the Tisbury American Legion
- Twice Monthly Medical Services Coordinated/Consultation/Referral with the Island’s VA PCP
- Twice Annually Cookouts for the Veteran Community
- Equine Pilot Program for Veterans
- Ongoing Collaboration with the ‘Cape Cod and Islands Outreach Center’
- Member of ‘Veterans Parade Committee’ recruiting Veterans to march in the Veterans Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day Parades
- Acupuncture Treatments reimbursed by the VA
- Chiropractic Treatments reimbursed by the VA
- Veteran Visitations help with personal Issues
Veterans Discount Card
The Veterans Discount Card program is initiative between Martha’s Vineyard Community Services Veterans Outreach Program, the Dukes County Veterans Services and local Island businesses to recognize and thank our Island’s more than 1,000 veterans, reservists and individuals serving on active duty.
Veterans Outreach Coordinator