Island businesses benefit from a diverse workforce.
We work with local business owners and individuals to develop seasonal and/or year-round employment opportunities for adults with disabilities in our community. The program supports both the employer and employee through every step of the employment process.
Whether an employer is working with our staff to find an adult a job or providing an internship for a student involved with our School to Employment Program, there are several employer benefits of having an inclusive workforce.
Support for Employees
Our staff supports individuals before and after they’ve landed a job!
Pre-Employment services include:
- Identifying strengths
- An individualized job search
- Developing a resume
- Interview practice
- Job application assistance
- Understanding the impact of employment on Social Security and Health Care Benefits
Once hired, staff helps individuals with:
- On-site job training
- Creating a long-term employment plan
- Developing strong communication skills
Support for Island Businesses
Looking for great employees and want to get involved with Island Employment Services? Look no further.
Island Employment Services works with businesses to identify a need and creates individualized job opportunities based on people’s strengths. Learn more about employer benefits here.
Who is eligible for Island Employment Services?
- Anyone with a disability that is a barrier to finding, retraining or maintaining a job, and is eligible for Massachusetts Rehabilitation Center Services.
- Any Island business looking to diversify their workforce and support a more inclusive Island community.
“Island Employment Services is a true lifesaver not only for me, but also for my family. I’ve been through some major obstacles over the past few years and the program has given me support like I never expected. I wouldn’t be where I am – not just with my job, but my life without them.” – Client
Participating businesses include: