Online donation scheduling will be available beginning Monday, February 1.
Chicken Alley needs your donations to continue supporting the great programs and services of Martha’s Vineyard Community Services. Donations are 100% tax-deductible and receipts are available upon request.
Please note: Donations are by appointment only.
We are primarily scheduling donations online.
You can still call the store (508-693-2278, extension #1), leave a message and a staff member will get back to in 1 business day or more.
We do our absolute best to accept everything that comes in as donations. Here is a list of items we accept and condition criteria.
- Appliances: Small home appliances only
- Art, Antiques, Collectibles, Memorabilia
- Art and Craft Supplies
- Books: Good condition, with sturdy bindings
- Clothing: In-season, clean. Free from stains, tears and mothball, mildew, smoke and pet odors
- Electronics: Complete with all parts: cords, remotes, buttons, switches, etc.
- Flatscreen TVs, Computer Monitors, Printers: Wireless only, all less than two (2) years old
- Furniture: Must have all components and in good working order
- Games and Puzzles: Complete with all pieces
- Kitchenware: Glassware, Dishware, Pots, Pans, Utensils. Clean, no chips, cracks
- Lamps and Oil Lamps: Emptied of fuel
- Linens: Blankets, Sheets, Towels, Pillowcases and Shams. Clean, no stains, tears or strong odors
- Mirrors, Vases, Picture Frames, Home Décor
- Musical Instruments
- Pet Supplies
- Records, CDs, DVDs: Free of scratches and in original cases
- Shoes, Belts, Hats, Scarves, Neckties
- Small Garden Tools and Plant Containers
- Sporting Goods and Bicycles
- Suitcases, Duffels, Backpacks, Handbags
- Tools: Hand tools and small power tools
- Toys and Stuffed Animals: Clean/recently laundered and no strong odors
- Upholstered Furniture, Area Rugs: No significant tears or stains, no mildew or strong cigarette/pet odors
- Underwear: Must be new and in original packaging only
- Car Seats
- Cassette Tapes, VHS Tapes, VHS Players
- Cleaning Products
- Combustible Fuels: Oil, Gasoline, Gas Containers
- Cribs and Bumpers
- Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia
- Encyclopedias, Textbooks
- Fax Machines and Printers (unless they are wireless)
- Fluorescent Light bulbs
- Helmets, Hard Hats, Life Preservers
- Large Appliances: Refrigerators, Freezers, Dishwashers, Stoves, Washers, Dryers, Water Heaters, etc., or any appliances which use propane gas (please contact us for more information as to where to donate large appliances)
- Mattresses, Box-Springs, Used Mattress Pads, Futon Cushions, Bed Pillows
- Medical Equipment
- Paint, Stains and Spray-paints
- Pressurized/Aerosol Containers
- Sleeper Sofas and Futons
- Soiled, Wet, Mildewed, Moldy Items and Items Smelling of Smoke, Pets or Mothballs
- Toxic Materials: Solvents, Chemicals
- Tube Televisions and Electronics more than five (5) years old
- Weapons, Ammunition, Explosives, Fireworks
- Wire Hangers
Have Luxury Items?
We greatly appreciate the donation of your high-end and luxury brand items, which help to generate substantial revenue for us through various channels.
Selling a home? Not sure what to do with the furniture? Click here.
All donations should be free of mildew, smoke, or pet odor, especially clothing, furniture and curtains.
We also reserve the right to decline certain items for various reasons. You can help us reduce our expenses by allowing us to decline some items that we cannot sell in our stores. You can also help us by disposing of broken items with your home or local trash, recycling or hazardous waste services.