MVCS’ remains available for emergency needs and urgent care
OAK BLUFFS, MA. (March 19, 2020) – MV Community Services (MVCS) has been working to determine the best way to continue to serve clients while keeping both them and agency staff as safe and healthy as possible. MVCS’ staff will be working remotely until March 31. There will be a small staff on campus available for emergency needs. In all programs, staff remain available via telephone and email. Anyone seeking services is asked to call first to be directed to appropriate services, information or support.
- For a mental health or substance use disorder emergency:
- 8:00 am – 6:00 pm: call 508-693-7900 x241
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 am: call our emergency services 24/7 hotline at 508-693-0032
- For a domestic or sexual violence emergency, call 24/7 crisis hotline at 508-696-7233 (SAFE)
- For food or other essential supplies, call 508-693-7900 x410
- Existing clients at the Island Counseling Center are asked to call their clinician directly regarding new protocols. Telehealth technology and phone support have been put into place.
- Existing clients at CONNECT to End Violence are asked to reach out to their counselor regarding the new protocols for continued service.
“Given the ever-increasing impact of COVID-19, we have worked hard to determine the best way to continue to serve our clients while keeping both them and our staff as safe and healthy as possible,” said Julie Fay, executive director of MV Community Services. “All of our clinicians will be available by telephone and email, and have reached out to their clients to let them know what to expect over the next few weeks.”
Community members are strongly encouraged to visit the agency website for the latest up-to-date information at www.mvcommunityservices.org/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/.
# # #
About MV Community Services:
We are clinicians and social workers, psychiatrists, counselors, case workers, teachers and volunteers. Embracing community in collaboration with police and primary care physicians, the hospital and Island schools. People who share our belief in the worth and dignity of all. Every day we commit our unique experience, expertise and compassion to help our entire community be as vibrant, strong and healthy as it can be. When together we answer the call our community thrives. Learn more at www.mvcommunityservices.org.